Tuesday, June 18, 2013

June18

Walked from Foncebadon to Ponferrada 30.0 km.
Well the weather man was wrong, it did not rain as predicted, I got dressed warm as we were in the mountains and it was supposed to rain, left the albergue at 6:30 and had a wonderful sunrise, it made the climb a lot not so bad.
Today again walked with very little pain, and the views made  me forget even that.  It was very rough terrain and I walked with extreme caution. You can see on the picture how rocky and steep it is. I had planned to walk alone and did for the first half, but at the steep section I met up with a Korean lady, then a Spanish couple, then a german lady  and a german man and an Australian couple. So we ended  up to be a group. It was fun until Marianne fell on her face, lucky nothing broken just two black eyes and a swollen nose and hand. We wanted to get her a ride but she walked all the way to Ponferrada.
Passed by the memorial of a cyclist who got killed  a few years ago, always a little reminder to be careful. Well I am off to my bed to pamper my feet.
Hugs to all
Grateful Pilgrm



3 comments:



  1. Wow, so weit bist du schon.Hut ab vor so viel Durchhaltevermögen. Wir wandern weiter mit dir.
    Hast du am Eisenkreuz die alte Tradition aufrecht erhalten, einen Stein auf dem Haufen abzulegen, wie es von jedem Pilger gefordert ist ? Be careful. Hugs from Rita and Guenter


    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW...following you on the map, it is amazing to see the journey behind you and only a short (well,short is a relative term..) ways to go!!
    So glad the feet are cooperating. That is what you call perseverance.
    MAN CANNOT DISCOVER NEW OCEANS UNLESS HE IS WILLING TO LOSE SIGHT OF THE SHORE.
    May you keep "sailing" through your journey.

    Proud of you!!
    xoxo
    Chantal

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a message from Chantal...........
    She is , today, telling you what all of us (the followers) are thinking
    Thank you Chantal
    Go Omi .........just a few more days , just a short way to go
    I am thinking here (in my Toronto's home ) and just spanish words coming to my mind to explain to you how happy I am , how happy I am feeling having you as my hero
    Buen Camino amiga (del alma)
    Hasta manana

    ReplyDelete