Sunday, June 23, 2013

June 23

Walked from portomarin to Palacio del Rei.
Started walking at 6:30 as I wanted to get ahead of the crowds. Well I got my wish, for the first 10km. I did not see another soul. It was the best walk ever, a little cloudy but no rain and no pain. And the only sound was the birds. Today I felt a big shift within, I started my Camino for gratitude for the things in my life and today I was very aware that my walk is not for the things but it is gratitude for the people in my life. This whole jouney I felt carried by so many of you. You all were like wind under my wings. I know a lot of you worried about me and I am thankful for that, your mails gave me the strength to go on. It is hard to describe how connected I feel to you all. Thank you.
Hugs
Grateful Pilgrim.



6 comments:

  1. Lass die Landschaft Galiciens auf dich einwirken auf den letzten Etappen und wir werden nochmal den Wind unter deinen Flügeln sein. So herrliche Bilder haben wir gesehen, wenn mein Fitness-Level nicht auf Null tendieren würde, hätte ich fast Lust das auch zu machen. Fester Hugh zurück....Rita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wat fijn om te lezen dat het je zo voor de wind gaat.
    Ik denk ook elke dag aan jou, en stuur je de kracht om avontuur af te kunnen maken.
    Conny en ik zitten nu in Toscane en hebben het goed naar ons zin, missen wel de kinderen!
    Greti heel veel succes, en ik weet dat jij de kracht hebt om het af te maken.
    Liefs, Harold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Greti, hebben meermaals getracht een bericht te sturen maar steeds mislukt.
    Maar nu geloof ik dat het gaat lukken. Hebben gister weer naar de film THE Way gekeken en raakten als vanzelf in de juiste stemming. Het kleine stukje dat we samen hebben gelopen heeft ons goed gedaan, en we zullen het ons nog lang herinneren. Zou graag bij je willen zijn maar het loopt zoals het loopt. Je kunt op de foto zien dat de Fransman afgevallen is. Heb je het meisje uit Amsterdam nog gezien? We zijn allen bij je en wensen je het allerbeste. Karli en Martha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Omi, you walked 25 km ...!!
    How many liters of water ?
    What a great news today when you let us know that you were having the best walk ever with the 10 first km just for you , your shadow , your soul ..........well , it wasn't that solitude ........I was there blowing under your wings ...
    The thirst picture , today, brought me a lot of memories of our mornings walks ....nice
    Tell me about the last picture .......what is the connection with El Camino ?
    BUEN CAMINO AMIGA
    Hasta manana
    Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here I am again , before you wake up, just to share another of my many thought
    " As you walked you had reached your harvest time " .
    All who have accompanied you along El Camino and still have are only the result of your planting
    Good job grateful pilgrim !! Amazing crop !!!
    BUEN CAMINO AMIGA
    Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Greti you look great and still smiling!!

    BEVxo

    ReplyDelete