Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Day 21/22

Left Carrion de los Condes by bus to 10km short of Terradillos de los Templarios and walked the remaining 10 km. well I should not say walked but strolled, my pace is now as slow as the french gentleman I told you about in the beginning, but just like him I do arrive at my destination. The Camino is now very flat but the views are amazing, the cloud formations keep changing, and the flowers are in such profusion that we keep stopping to admire them. I think my lesson of the Camino is to slow down, and that I do not have to be first. I met a monk from Tibet and over lunch he told me  that I waste too much energy rushing through life, that I should conserve it for health and study. I will have to remember that. Yesterday I walked with a lady from Italy, she took the bus like me as she has lots of blisters. Had a very nice pilgrim dinner and then did some foot care. Slept in a room of 12 beds, I use my sarong to make a little privacy. Had 2 heavy snorers so did not sleep very well. It is funny to see the snorers put earplugs in and then turn around and begin snoring.
Left Terradillos at 8:30 ( I decided to take my time in the morning) after having breakfast, usually cafe con leche and a croissant. Walked for 5 km. and there in the middle of nowhere was a hostel and it is run by a german couple and thy had real german bread, so we stopped and had breakfast #2 very good. It took us 4 hours to walk 16km. I got a sunburn on the back of my legs, today was 27 degrees. It is supposed to be even hotter tomorrow so I will start walking earlier. I get stopped regularly and asked about Canada or people tell me thy had visited Canada or have family there. I am now known on the Camino as Canada. I am now in Sahagun, and the village has a one week celebration and to nite




 thy have the running of the bulls. I am in a hostel and the bulls will run right by my window, hope it will not be too noisy. Will post the pictures tomorrow if there is
Hugs to all
Grateful Pilgrim

5 comments:

  1. we zijn blij dat het goed met je gaat Greti, had je bed al opgemaakt.Het zal dus nog wat wachten. Wij zijn net terug uit Munchen, tot onze verassing waren Martha en Henk ook daar, dus gezellig samen gefeest.
    Walter en Tiny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Buddy! Running of the bulls sounds exciting! Winston Churchill once said "success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is courage to continue that counts"!!!

    Happy Walking Greti BEVxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hallo Greti :-)
    Auch von uns ein herzliches Hallo und weiterhin alles Gute..
    Sind Sehr beeindruckt von deinen Schilderungen und deinen Bildern :-)
    Werden weiter mit dir gehen!
    Liebe Grüsse aus Marbach am Neckar schicken dir Bettina und Lothar.
    Herzliche Grüsse auch von Otto und Gudrun :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a surprise last night , open the blog and........there it was "the daily report "........good one Greti ....!!!
    Reading , thinking and getting a picture of you in my mind I thought : flat road - flowers to be admired - slow pace - saving energy to keep your self healthy and study, real german bread for breakfast i .......and all of that just right there closer or on the town of Los Templarios ..(where the history of El Camino, hundred years ago ,holded , many times ,secret plans and projects for El Camino that you are walking ) ......Wow
    El Camino is providing the messages.....
    BUEN CAMINO GRETI
    Hasta manana
    Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello my friend,

    I am glad you are listening to your feet and doing what you need to take care. That's funny what the monk said, but so true for many of us. Perhaps this is the message of the Camino?? Not just for you, but for all who read your post. :)

    Your photographs are amazing - you can see there is a rich history there. How wonderful that you get to experience it.

    You are inspiring to many, no matter what your pace is! Enjoy each step.

    Peace out,
    xo
    Susi

    ReplyDelete