Monday, June 3, 2013

Day 12

Travled from Belorado to Burgos by Bus, 55 km.
Decided to take the bus for this stretch as it was pissing rain and we were advised not to cross puerto alto which is 1,250 meters high and the path tuns in to a river plus my ankle needed the rest.
Total cost for bus was 3.35 euros, good deal. Along the route we could see some pilgrims and we were happy with our decision. Burgos is a wonderful city and the Cathedral is out of this world and teeming with pilgrims, you keep on running in to the same people. Had a very good dinner, we are having dinner at lunch time and then just a snack in the evening, dinner in the evening does not start til after 8 pm. and that is too late for me. Tomorrow it goes on to Hornillas a very small village but the route is pretty flat, we are now on the Meseta.
Thank you all for the good wishes and encouragement.
Hugs to all from the bus pilgrim.



4 comments:

  1. There is no shame in experiencing the bus pilgrimage once in a while. You are doing great! It's wonderful to read your blog everyday.
    Best quote so far : "I have decided to do all my complaining between 8:0 and 8:30 pm."
    Words to live by!

    xxChantal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good one Greti........I was feeling tire ........We'd really needed a rest ....
    Wonderful pictures one more time
    Burgos always was and still is a please where I want to go
    I was thinking , picture my self there, with you and knowing that dinner will be at lunch time........when I will be able to enjoy a nice glass of wine ? More when you are getting the influence of the wine county
    Buen Camino amiga
    See you tomorrow
    Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Greti, that is the spirit! You certainly are an adventurous person. It’s great reading about your experiences.
    All the best,
    Anita and Gerry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely to see Burgos. This is where we started our biking trip to Santiago. Such an amazing cathedral. I felt like I was in a fairy tale! Having a hard time posting and not sure if you received any of my others. Know that we are thinking of you and wishing you Buen Camino!! You are so amazing!

    ReplyDelete