Monday, December 14, 2015

Brasilia

From Seabra we drove to the city of Brasilia, in the Federal District. It is very hot and I am grateful for A/C The whole camper is hot, my pots feel like I just took them out of the dishwasher, and the fridge has a hard time keeping cool. We are now camped at the youth hostel on the outskirts of town.
Here we met Hiltrud and Sigfried from Germany who are traveling in a 1980 Mercedes 711 camper conversion. Thy are on the road for 4 years and were very surprised to meet other Overlanders as we are the first thy met in Brazil. Thy were planning to leave the next day but were so happy to have company that thy stayed another day. We are having trouble with the rear axle so tomorrow we have to find a place to have a look and see what the problem is. Norbert suspects the bearings, he did bring parts from home just in case. 







The Today we said goodbye to Hiltrud and Sigfried, and also met two students from France who are staying at the Hostel and are exchange students. Allan said good morning to me , but I did not understand him until it dawned on me that he is speaking  german, Both he and his friend speak very good German.
Today is Monday and we found a shop that fixes axles, just as Norbert was backing in to the Garage, the right rear wheel bearing gave out completely. How lucky can you be, a big thank you to our Guardian Angel. It should not surprise me any more the way things fall in to place. 
I will update as soon as we know more about the axle.
Hugs to all
Norbert and Greti 

No comments:

Post a Comment