Wednesday, August 26, 2015

St. Jean Pied de Port to Roncevalles

We arrived in St. Jean Pied de Port on Aug. 24, got our pilgrim Passport and in the Hostal a room with 16 beds, not too many snorers and we left today at 6:30 am.
First of all a big thank you to my friend Bev for chasing me up and down the stairs at Mahon Park and Lynn Headwaters. I know today would have been a lot harder without the training.
Again, thanks Bev. Also a big help are my Keenfit walking poles. We,(except Karli) did ship our packs ahead to Roncesvalles, even so, the hike was one of the hardest I ever did. On the way up we got rewarded with fantastic views, so that helped, but the way down it was one foot in front of the other, that was all we could muster. Total km. for today 25.1. We are staying in the Hostal were we have a cubicle with 2 bunk beds. Had a very nice Pilgrim meal, for 10 Euro's per person, we had a 3 course meal with wine and dessert. Martha, Karli and Norbert are out for a beer but I had enough for today and want to rest up for tomorrow.  
Big hug to all.
Norbert and Greti






1 comment:

  1. I wish there was a thumbs up button I could use while going through your pics.
    Love the one where you and Norbert show your passport.
    Enjoy the journey. Hugs Lianne

    ReplyDelete