Thursday, August 27, 2015

Day two

Today we walked from Roncevalles to Larasnia, 27km.
Started out at 6:30 am to make as many km. as possible before lunch and the heat. 
I realize my pack is too heavy (8 kilo) so as soon as we are in Pamplona I will mail some stuff which at the beginning I thought I absolutely needed but realize now I can do without.
I still have a hard time being a minimalist. The countryside is wonderful and we are meeting lots of other Pilgrims from all over the world. Met people from Dawson Creek, and all the countries you can imagine. Again found an auberge were we have one room with two bunks and we can close the door, pure luxury. The food in Spain is fantastic, we especially like the Insalada Mixta.
Today my feet and knees are a little sore so tomorrow 16km. Will be enough.
Big Hug to all from
Norbert, Martha, Karli and Greti


 


1 comment:

  1. Looking great! What's wrong with the knee? Hope it gets better, you are early in the trek. You must have memories coming back to you from when you were there the first time. Enjoy!
    Every Journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
    xoxo Chantal

    ReplyDelete